Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Least Cost Path Corridor Analysis

For the least cost path corridor analysis map, I had to locate potential black bear movement between protected areas of the Coronado National Forest. I used the calculate raster tool with the expression 10-weighted overlay raster. I converted the Coronado polygons to rasters. Then, I used the cost distance tool twice to generate two cost surface layers with the Coronado rasters as the inputs, respectively. I then used the corridor tool twice with each Coronado cost distance layers as the input. The corridors that were generated covered the map but I narrowed it down to two layers. Essentially, the first one covered both Coronado polygons on the map and I had a second layer highlight just outside of it to show a variance.




No comments:

Post a Comment