Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Writing Geometries


The final module for this course was about writing geometries. We explored using cursors to return point objects (single point features), an array of points (polygons, polylines), and using using for and nested loops to write to text files. I want to note the key issues I had with this module. For the most part, I was able to follow the exercise and extract what I needed from there. My first error encounter had to do with my search cursor statement. I was writing “NAME@” and receiving a column type error. After researching on Esri forums, I decided to take out the @ sign and my code would execute properly after that. The next issue I had was the v += 1 statement was not returning the vertex id’s in sequential numbering. This was because I was not including it in the for loop, so once I indented it, it executed perfectly. The last issue I had was getting everything to write to my .txt file. I was getting 25 lines of random vertices from each OID. This was another indentation issue. Once I included in the for loop, it executed perfectly and my assignment was finished!


No comments:

Post a Comment