Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Spatial Enhancements & Multispectral Bands

For this week's lab, we learned how to apply spatial enhancements, perform a multispectral analysis, and create band indices.



The spike on the histogram between pixels 12 and 18 is very tall so that means the feature is very large. I viewed in multiple color combinations and greyscale and noted features I was confident with identifying such as water, mountains, town. When I moved the breakpoint on the histogram between 12 and 18 pixels, the rivers and lakes remained dark so I was able to conclude that the feature was water. For the bands, I used the TM False Natural Color 5,4,3 Landstat 4 TM-6 Bands because this combination band makes water delineation stand out.
I viewed this image in greyscale and different multispectral bands and it was white in Layers 1-4 and dark in Layers 5-6. When I viewed the Histogram, there was a small spike on the right which means it is very bright.  I was able to identify the feature as snow. I used the True Color combination 3,2,1 with the Landstat 4 TM-6 bands because the white snow stood out in natural color. 
Since I knew this feature was going to be water as well, I just had to deduce what type of water. Layers 1-3 became brighter in certain areas and somewhat brighter in certain areas in Layer 4. I was able to quickly identify the feature as being shallow water because the shorelines were brighter and then what appeared to be a landlocked water basin was very bright as well.  I chose the TM False Natural Color IR 4,3,2 combination with Landstat 4 TM-6 bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment